The Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies is currently seeking to fill a position for a researcher in Computational Linguistics:
- PhD in Computational Linguistics, Corpus Linguistics, Computer Science, or a Master's degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of practical experience.
- Strong research record in the domain of corpus management, including collection, annotation, documentation, dissemination, revision, evaluation. It is preferable to have experience in building Arabic corpora and applying them to lexicography.
- In-depth knowledge of large corpus-building software using latest indexing techniques and allowing searches of various kinds. The focus will be on free or open-source software.
- Demonstrated research in current approaches to Computational Linguistics, particularly quantitative/statistical methods to the computational study of language.
- Comfort with statistical measurements of data quality
- Ability to define and evaluate tools for managing large linguistic data
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate with Internal/external teams to define and fulfill large linguistic data needs.
Applications, including detailed CV and documents supporting qualifications and experience, should be addressed by email to: email@example.com